Womb Massage and your fertility
Womb massage is a relaxing, nourishing, non-invasive and highly effective set of massage techniques that is performed on your abdomen and back.
After a brief chat about your medical history, I begin the treatment with a gentle massage over the abdominal area of the reproductive and digestive systems to encourage hormonal balance, improve your digestion and promote an overall feeling of wellbeing.
This unique type of massage will help you to connect with your heart and the womb and although it is often used to improve fertility and menstrual cycles it is therapeutic and enjoyable at any stage of your life journey.
Womb massage is a gentle but deeply moving therapy that can enhance natural conception success, for IVF and ART preparation as well as support any gynaecological concerns you might have like painful periods, irregular periods, heavy periods, the absence of your period, PMS, lower back pain, endometriosis, adenomyosis, painful intercourse, ovarian cysts and vaginitis.
Why is womb massage so much more than a regular massage?
I hope that every woman will experience a womb massage at least once in her life.
Most regular massage therapists avoid the abdominal area and I have to admit I also did this before learning these powerful techniques.
The abdominal area is a place where we store many of our emotions and experiences. When difficult, negative or stressful feelings are not processed, we can hold that experience as tension in our abdomen leading to a blockage of the free flow of blood and other fluids around the area. As a result this affects the organs in our abdomen – mainly related to digestion and fertility.
So while I am a huge fan of regular full body massage, I’ve come to appreciate the added benefit of abdominal massage especially if you’re trying to get pregnant.
When the organs in your belly are functioning at their best, you’ll feel more energy and vitality.
10 benefits of Womb massage for your fertility
- Increases circulation and promotes blood flow to the uterus – when you’re trying to conceive, much of the focus is on your womb. It needs to allow implantation of the embryo and grow and support the growing baby during pregnancy.
- Hormonal Balance – By gently working on the abdomen, the massage releases oxytocin, balances hormone levels and regulates your cycle.
- Prepares the body for conception – the massage increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries which supports egg production and healthy ovulation
- Regulates the menstrual cycle – a healthy cycle should involve pain free ovulation and menstruation on a regular basis. Womb massage helps regulate your cycle by balancing your hormones, releasing tension in your diaphragm and reducing pain.
- Reduces period pain – womb massage helps to reduce painful periods by helping reposition your uterus to an optimal healthy position, relaxes the uterus which reduces uterine spasms that may be causing period cramps as well as supporting the entire menstrual cycle. Massaging your belly increases heat in the area which is well known as a way to reduce menstrual pain
- Reduce scar tissue – womb massage helps to break up scar tissue and adhesions from pelvic injuries, Caesarean sections or other abdominal surgery. The removal of adhesions is also effective in treating blocked fallopian tubes as well as for endometriosis and adenomyosis.
- Move stagnation in the abdomen – if you’ve ever felt heavy and sluggish you’ll love the feeling of lightness and flow after a womb massage. This wonderful relaxing massage helps improve blood circulation and flow to the womb area and all the surrounding organs: the liver, spleen, intestine and bowels. This means improved digestive and elimination of waste products which leaves you feeling lighter and less bloated.
- Reduces stress level – stress affects us on so many levels. Massage is well known as a therapy that lowers stress and improves your mood. Abdominal massage also relieves stress and tension in your digestive tract to improve digestion and enhance feelings of wellbeing
- Improve your immune system: Abdominal massage works on the digestive system and gut health which in turn strengthens your immune system and ability to protect yourself and recover from illness.
- Cleanses the uterus – unfortunately, the uterine lining is not always fully released during your period and the old blood can collect over time causing spotting before and after your period and other issues. Rosita Arvigo always says “ We would never put a baby in a dirty crib” and in the same way, we want to use womb massage to encourage the cleaning out of the uterus during your next period so it can build a healthy new uterine lining in order to welcome an embryo.
Womb massage and fertility treatments
Regular womb massage is a highly beneficial complementary therapy to the IVF process. While you are trying to conceive and preparing your body for conception or undergoing IVF, I can support you physically and emotionally. Many of my clients share that undergoing IVF while I am supporting them with bodywork and other techniques is much easier for them.
Womb massage is safe during fertility treatments because I have taken a lot of extra training in order to support women during this time and I have experience of working with hundreds of women over the last decade.
I’m a holistic therapist and I am here to help you!
I love helping women to overcome their fertility challenges and other issues related to your cycles, pregnancy, periods and/or anxiety.
I treat women with abdominal and womb massage techniques known as Sobada (formally the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage) and reflexology.
I’m also an Advanced EFT Tapping practitioner and I work with women in particular issues around anxiety, depression, stress levels.
I teach Fertility Awareness to help women better know their bodies and improve their chances of conceiving or prevent pregnancy naturally.
I live in Modi’in, Israel and that’s where I spend my days helping women during their fertile years, pregnancy, menopause and other hormonal conditions. Bodywork sessions (massage and reflexology take place in my clinic in Modi’in but EFT Tapping sessions and Fertility Awareness education can take place online or in person).
Learn more about working with me here.